Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 11

So here we are 11 days out of surgery and healing is slow and steady...let me reiterate slow. I will say I am not in an enormous amount of pain, but I get these huge shocks through my arms, like electricity. The skin is tight and I have limited mobility in terms of how high I can move my arm. Today was the first day I was able to blow dry my hair ( sort of). Picture this: I cant reach my hair standing, so I am sitting on the floor in the bathroom in a sit up so my arms can stay bent below my shoulders and my head is down near my knees...my abs got a good work out! LOL! Plus my hair doesn't look so bad! 3 weeks from today I am supposed to be back on the ice....HMMMM.

Ok so would I do this again...good question. My arms look amazing ( to me) and even if they look as they do now I would be able to wear tanks and t-shirts. YAY! there is still A LOT of healing to go and I can only imagine how normal they will look then. super excited!! I won't lie, this hurts and it is hard. I still can't get fully dressed by  myself and cooking is still difficult since lifting pots and pans are heavier than usual. Today I made muffins and it took much longer than usual..ugh. Also I am much slower than usual and so regular thing take much more time and I get frustrated. The worst of it all is I can't pick up Layla Rose by myself. Eric has to put her in may arms and it is so hard because she grabs on to me and I feel like a horrible mom...ugh. So selfishly I am so excited to be able to look like normal and wear normal clothes , but truthfully there is a reason why (other than money) rich people do this, it's because they have help to cook, clean , care etc. ( my assumption). But anyways what's done is done and I am excited to see the results in a few weeks! here are the pics from today:

No comments:

Post a Comment