Friday, December 27, 2013

2 weeks on my own....

Hey hey! OK so here is the scoop...the studio (www.studiobenefit.ca)  where I do my class workouts has been closed since the 15th and I have been doing my workouts solo at Physical Park. Let me just say on my journey to lose 100lbs or more this has been a crappola time. I am about to vent ...heads up

1. first and foremost I miss my goddess friends who  have been my support this whole time. A wonderful group of ladies with our fearless leader Nancy. I feel a bit lost without them and it is hard to stay motivated without them. I have still been going to the gym at least once a day and playing hockey but it doesn't seem the same.  This is a lot a bit of a foreshadowing experience because I get surgery in a week ( ish) and I am not supposed to do activity for 4 weeks. I find this to increase my anxiety by 1000000000 because here I will be stuck without my support network and without exercise , not to mention no school.....all of this free time, limited mobility and no support...SCARY! I have already started researching exercise I can do and as much as I know it is not prudent, I have found ways to exercise without my arms and so to help alleviate my anxiety I am going to try and stay busy with my sitting bike exercises.

2. Let me say this. I truly believe that there needs to be support groups for people going through weight loss. I would love to have a sponsor or something to help me during these hard times. A group that functions like AA or something. I can see easily how people develop eating disorders, I mean today I worked out in the morning and had a decent eating day, then ate diner and had an all dressed baked potato. I felt so crap about eating that that I did another workout....not a horrible thing but more like the precursor to a problem.

ugh anyways, I know that this too shall pass, but for now I just want to have my friends back working out shaking it during zumba , getting my butt kicked in bootcamp and just being with people who help me to be the person I am working to be. 96lbs down and at least 4lbs to go...8 dodos left until the studio reopens! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment