Thursday, December 12, 2013

Defining moments....and people

I find myself sitting here in bed, saying I was going to go to bed early and get a good nights sleep before my exam tomorrow and yet I am awake...I can't stop think about today and everything tomorrow will bring and what it will mean to me.

Friday December 13th 2013 has been a day that I have worked to achieve for the last 6 years. I have already accumulated enough grades to graduate and all I need to do is walk into the room, and sit the exam. If I do that I will be the first in my family to put herself through school and graduate with a university degree. Everyone has their own story , but mine is relative to me and so the EPIC journey will come to a head tomorrow and an incredible chapter of my life will have finally concluded. The sweat and tears it took to get here having been only truly understood by the one person who stood by me the entire way, my incredible husband. I had to fight to get my married name on my degree, but there is no name other than my own that deserves to be there more. As I struggled and fought exhaustion, stress, and sometime hopelessness he stood by. Never once did he say , slow down, take it easy, or any of the other things people say. He knows me too well, he knows I would never do that, and the more people tell me to slow down the more I want to go hard. No, Eric knew what to say and all these years he has said what I needed, "How can I help? what can I do? You will do this, you CAN and WILL do this, don't give up". Eric is EXTRAORDINARY and no man has ever understood his wife as mine does, and I am the one who has the degree but he is the one who helped get me there.

Tomorrow is going to change my life...here is to the next chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment