Sunday, September 23, 2012

Montreal Marathon 2012

So, today I ran my second 10km KM ever. It was 4.5 months after the birth of our Layla Rose. I never thought I would be able to do it, and have onyl trained for it for the passed 6 weeks. But after a lot of mental battling along the way and with the UNBELIEVABLE support of the people lining the streets who cheer you on even though they don't know who you are, I crossed the finish line 79 minutes after I started. I won't lie i cried a little bit, not really believing I was at the end. Last year Layla was sleeping snuggly in  my tummy, this year she was sleeping in her daddy's arms.

Momma and Layla Rose before the race

Momma 79 minutes later!
I want to thank the random woman who paced me the last 2 km and helped me keep my pace, the crazy cool fans who cheered me on and especially Eric, who supported me every painful step of the way. Next year, it will be a family affair!!

2 comments:

  1. I dunno if it's hormones, or sleep deprivation, or pure awe of your accomplishments but I just teared up reading this. Maybe next year you can motivate me to run this with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie!! We'll chalk it up to a combo of all three!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete