Monday, March 2, 2015

Well that does it!

ok so Anthony is 11 weeks old and doing great. He is ENORMOUS LOL! he wear six month clothing. A happy chubby baby makes a happy Momma, but PHEW does he eat! which brings me to tonights topic/rant.

Ugh people I am discouraged with how long it is taking me to get back into it! I am SOOOOOOOOO out of shape, and my body hurts so much more this time. Ok truth be told i let myself go during the pregnancy, ate whatever i wanted. Boy am I paying the price now. I find getting back into 100% healthy eating so HARD! I will eat a totally great breakfast and then an good lunch, yummy healthy snacks, but by the time 5 comes i just don't have it in me to cook! ARGH! add to that that I am a VERY picky eater, in that i will not eat reheated meat, don't do slow cooker or anytime of sauce cover stew etc, no mashed potatoes, red meat ( you see where this is going) I rarely eat pasta and I try to stay away form anything fried. Needless to say right now food situation ICK! God bless an amazing husband, but he can't cook for bean meaning that i have to cook 3 meals a day for everyone and shop for it and think of it. Mothers of boys...do not fail the next generation of women, teach your sons to cook for goodness sake! If something happened to me all the kids would get is mini wheats and hamburgers. There had got to be a way that working Mom's can eat healthy , lose weight and not lose their minds in the process! Anyone with suggestions , I am listening!!

As for my body..WTF?!?!? talk about not bouncing back!! I thought i would be able to get right back into it, but after so long not doing any activity it is much harder to stay active. I have no stamina and my knees are so F#@$ed-up!! going to see an osteopath , but still! What is even worse is the winter has just made it POOPY! with Layla Rose I could walk everyday because it was summer but here I can't because of the bitter cold. Hopefully this will change soon so i can walk my buddha around the neighborhood. so to remedy this I go to the studio or play hockey. But while I am there i feel like crap, a. because i am so not the person i was and b. because i have left my kids alone. Is there any part of parent hood that is guilt free??? So tonight i was driving home thinking how nice it would be to go to the spa for the day soon, and then in pops the though..."without the kids..." FOR REAL!  Between wanting to get back in shape, healing ( still super sore in the abdomen which is annoying) wanting some down time and life,,,it is no wonder the amount of women in the looney bin is triple that of men.

Ahhh parenthood...a guilt filled, sleepless, thankless, messy slice of paradise none of us would trade for anything! I thank the universe everyday for my 2 miracles and for my INCREDIBLE husband who seriously deserves a medal ( except in cooking)

Of course here a few delightful shot of our very own disaster!







No comments:

Post a Comment