Sunday, March 22, 2015

Happy spring...NOT!

So what is a family to do on a cruddy cold winter... I mean spring weekend?!?!?
Well after my little chat you will see the fruits of our ever expanding list of indoor things to do  due to STUPID WINTER!!

We were hoping to go and visit our Nonno, since his first week of treatment is over, but our little ones are too much of a risk since we suspect an ear infection ( although not sure). Glad to report that though fatigue and nausea have certainly set in for Nonno, so far nothing unexpected and we are so grateful for all the support our family has received! As a result of our weekend without a visit we had to fill our time with some creative ideas. Whats more is our Patriarch of the family has had open heart surgery last week and has developed some complications in the bladder of all places...go figure. So our entire family is coping with the health and stability of our loved ones. As always the Mancini/Pedicelli/Harwood clan is strong in support, love and faith and we will all pull through this.

Interestingly enough it brings me to a topic i thought I unbderstood...GUILT. I know that we are not super heros, but i certainly feel that there is no way to meet everyones needs. I want to be at the hospital with Domenic, visit  Peddy, have nice hot home cooked meals for my family, work out, play hockey, snuggle my kiddos, and...and...and of course I just can't, and so i end up feeling guilty because I just can't do it all. I ahve had a hard time lately because it is hard to work out an dlose this weight with everything going on. but is that an excuse? I just can't seem to find the time to get to the studio and this SHIT weather makes it unpleasent to go out, even if I could. UGH...So I was talking about this with a mom and she laughed and said welcome to motherhood. Yipee! HAHA!!

Also, we are dealing with Layla Rose again, of course most of you know she isn't speaking yet( or at least very little) so once again we are going to the speech therapist and have begun that treatment, of course we worry about autism which is so popular these days, that I can't help but think about it. She has been evaluated before, but we get the final report on Tuesday, and I won't lie, its creeping me out. Even though I know it is negative it still in the back of my mind. EESSH!  I will of course keep you posted on that. This weekend was a crazy overhaul of our house, we had to set up all kinds of "obstacle" to force her to speak, put away her toys and do LOTS of repeating. I am exited to see if this new therapist will offer new insights on how we can do better as parents in all this.

More o n the topic of guilt to come...I guess it come with the territory, balance I suppose is the key. To all you Mom's and Dad's who got this parenting thing down... I SALUTE YOU!!!







Of course we put up our tent inside!!





Giant easter cookie...no way it makes it to easter..


No comments:

Post a Comment