Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The final chapter...

So today was my last appointment with my doctor at the royal vic. It was a bittersweet moment for both of us on so  many levels. Firstly we have been going there for the last 4 years on a weekly basis, sometimes twice or three times a week! To be honest , it used to be a  burden, but then it turned into a safe place, somewhere that comforted me and made me feel like even during the bad times, things were still going to work out. The staff there are PHENOMENAL, from the wonderful parking guy ( Charles) to every single secretary, nurse, orderly and doctor.  These people, went beyond an expectation we had to make us feel cared for. They guided and comforted us both each and every time, even when I got crazy during the pregnancy they all made it seem ok.


I want to take this chance to just say a few words about 2 very special Doctors, 31, is Dr. Dahan at the fertility clinic, that man stood by us for three years trying to figure out what was wrong with me and how to get us a baby. He worked hard and genuinely wanted us to succeed. He was warm and caring and kind and hopeful each and every time. Even though none of the invitros ever worked, it was him who told me that my only option now, was to get healthy and hope for the  best. Well his advice and his guiding hand certainly played a part in our precious Layla Rose. Secondly Dr. Ponette in the Obstetrics department. Never in  my life have i met a man like him, he truly understood what I was going through and held my hand every step of the way. Next to Eric, there was no one as important as him during the entire pregnancy. He reassured me each and every time, he saw me every week for 30 weeks and never once told me to relax or lighten up., He understood and accepted me and my fear without making me feel guilty for being the way I was. He never pressured me to be anything but myself and made me feel normal for the way I felt. I feel sad now that I will not see him again unless i manage to have another baby. In a way it is very scary, because all this time he was the steady person that Eric and I leaned on to guide us through a rough pregnancy and now we both feel a bit like we are on our own....scary thoughts. But even today as we left he told me I could call him if I needed any advice or help with future pregnancies and that he would be delighted to be our doctor again. I hope that's true. I feel like I just lost a really good friend, people may not understand this, but Dr. Ponette made Layla Rose happen and for this, he will always have a special place in my heart and our gratitude for eternity. So here we are at the end of what has been an very hard, emotional chapter, a place I never thought I would be, I never thought that Eric and I would have a little family of our own, and so a new chapter begins with our little dragon...here's to the adventure!
#145 Layla Rose in her cute little hat , and in her bucket!!
#146...30 seconds later.....Zzzzzzzz
#147 Julie your pepper plant is still hanging in there! I am bringing it back! ( or should I say the sun and heat are Ha Ha!)
#148, Uncle Des and Layla Rose, umm..notice the size of the forearm vs. Layla . hmmmmmm
3149 Daddy and Layla at out last Doctors apppointment

No comments:

Post a Comment