Sunday, October 11, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey hey all you amazing people...Today was an AMAZING day can I just say that. So here's why, When y9ou have kids you have all these dreams for them and you have these things you just really want to do...for each of us it is different. When I found out I was having a girl I dreamt of playing hockey with her. Of being that role model that i never had in sports. I had imiges of coaching her team and showing her just what a girl can do. Then all this crap happened and we are so jumbled in our heads with Layla Rose's development. She is being treated for her speech delay, tested for at this piont everything under the sun. She is on all kinds of waiting lists for therapy and intervention and through all of this a lot has to be given up. You stop dreaming of things because you just don't know whats coming. In the plac eof those dreams comes worries...will she ever have any friends? will she get invited to birthfday parties? Will anyone fall in love with her? So hockey is pretty low on the list and quite frankly i just stopped thinking about it. Then last week during the evaluation from her phsycologist she was asked to make a necklace with wooden beads and I am thinking in my head "PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT no way" she can't sit still that long, she will get frustrated and so on . But then she did it, and i mean all alone, she dropped a few beads, but never gave up and finished it. I was in TEARS!!! I felt so proud and so much hope ( and so much disapointment that i underestimated her) anyways, becaus eof all that today We decided was the day we slap on a pair of skate, pop on that helmet and give it a shot. So away we went to the arena and SHE DID IT! no tears, no frustrations, there was even excitment and I am sure I saw a smile. She got on the ice with me and didn't cry or hate it. I held her up and it only lasted about 10-15 minutes. But that is 10-15 minutes more than I ever thought possible. Lets not kid ourselves, she only stood on her own twice and for 8 seconds before she fell. but even when she fell she just kept tring to get up, she just kept going. I have never been more grateful in my life for anything than for today, it showed me she has such a bright future if the people around her just believe she is capable and never los ehope. This child has been a blessing since day one and she teahces me to be a better person everyday. Here are some fun pics from today.









No comments:

Post a Comment