Thursday, August 16, 2012

So sick of gender crap!!

Ok so  today I went to Walmart and almost had a serious Lisa fit in the store. I am walking around the baby zone and I see a display full of really cute little outfits ( sleepers). They have a boys sectionand a girls section...I am sure you can see where this is going

So in the boys section are cute little superhero outfits, Spiderman, Batman etc. Then it has a section with sleepers that look like "jobs". There is a policeman, and fireman and then one that was blue and has a stethascope and medical tools and it says" When I grow up I want to be a doctor". Cute right? Ok so then right next to  that is the female version of it... and it is a pink sleeper with a sash that says beauty queen.. WTF?!?!?!? oh wait, then the next one said "its all about me" and finally a pink one with a tutu that said "future ballerina" Seriously??? Why a girl can't be a police, fireman or doctor?? oh boy...then you wonder why our girls grow up to think that their beauty is all their value. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!! when will this stupid gender roles thing end!! I have a lot of work ahead of me..ok ok..now I am calm, I won't burn the place down...Enjoy the pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment