Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Our little adventure finishes with a TREASURE

So it has been awhile, BUT for a great reason! Our little angel Layla Rose Mancini was born on May 4th at the Royal vic at 18h17. She is PERFECT!! We are super elated to have her with us and we are treasuring every single moment!

The labour and delivery went as expected...meaning NOTHING WENT TO PLAN! The doctors tried with four different times with 2 meds to induce labour. All of it failed to dialate my cervix passed 4cm, however I had the pleasure of enduring over 24 hours of contractions without epidural ( 1-3 min apart), to be followed by another 18 hrs with epidural. All to be finished by an emergency c-section. I had an infection in the hospital and then was discharged after 6 glorious days only to be back in the hospital for a second infection YIPEE! Now I am home again and back on antibiotics pills after an IV. PHEW...hopefully all will be over soon.

It has been a long 5 year journey, and I would never have been able to do this without my husband. He has been the rock on which I lean on and has been so strong through this all. He has had to take care of both me and Layla and has truly been just the best there is. I would also like to thank all my friends and family who have stood by us through the crappola, and now are going to enjoy every single minute of the blessed little baby. So from the deepest part of me and Eric and our little baby, Thank you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment